About the Competence Center
The Competence Center for Human Resources Development in the Electrical Industry (KOC EEI 4.0) brought together companies from the industry C27 Manufacture of electrical appliances and related C26 Manufacture of computers, electronic and optical products.
The purpose of the centre's partners was to improve industry competencies, productivity, creativity and innovation of employees and to strengthen the competitiveness of the Slovenian economy.
KOC EEI 4.0 consisted of a consortium of 19 partners, TECES acted as an applicant and lead partner, PRIZMA, the Foundation for the Improvement of Employment Opportunities was a human resources partner.
Other industry partners were BSH Hišni aparati d.o.o., Domel d.d., ETI Elektroelement d.d., Gorenje d.d., Iskra d.d., Kolektor Group d.d., Kolektor Sikom d.o.o., Kolektor KFH d.o.o., Kolektor Ascom d.o.o., Kolektor Micro-Motor d.o.o., Bartec Varnost d.o.o., ELPRO Križnič d.o.o., Elvez d.o.o., STRIP'S d.o.o., TEM Čatež d.o.o., ELPRO Lepenik & Co. d.o.o., Piktronik d.o.o., GZS - Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia.
KOC EEI 4.0 provided training of employees in the field of strengthening and developing digital competencies, competencies related to change management and adaptation, creativity and innovation, solving complex problems and competencies for effective cooperation and development of competencies, technologies and new products and service concepts.
The KOC EEI 4.0 program trained 5 key industry profiles involved in the entire product life cycle:
- Production worker, the profile will not disappear despite automation. New and new requirements are emerging when adapting production processes and more demanding knowledge, developing multitasking competencies, self-initiative and improvements in the nature of work.
- Development expert, profile develops new products and improves the performance of existing ones. Participates in the development of products, systems and prototypes, are developers of sophisticated software or hardware…
- Sales expert, the profile includes both suppliers in the supply chain as well as independent sales, ordering and purchasing goods…
- Product Manager, National Professional Qualifications Proposal (NQF), takes care of the development and development and presentation of product / s strategy, performs market and competitive product analysis…
- Line manager profiles are tied to managing employees downwards and accepting instructions and responsibilities upwards…
The key results of the KOC EEI 4.0 implementation were: 280 employee training executed, 2.985 participations in training, 1 industry prepared competence model, 1 submitted proposal for a national professional qualification (NPK) - product manager
KOC EEI4.0 in the total value of 568.000 € was implemented from 2017 to 2018 with the financial support of the Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, the Public Scholarship, Development and Maintenance Fund of the Republic of Slovenia and the European Social Fund.
The role of TECES in the Competence Center
TECES justified its role as the initiator, holder, and coordinator of strategic development partnerships in the successful KOC EEI 4.0.
With our experience, we prepared the content of the project, established a partnership with 20 organizations, and successfully coordinated the project application for the public tender. After the approval of the co-financing, we continued as the main partner and offered administrative and substantive coordination of the project partners in the implementation, monitoring of progress and achievement of the set goals.
For TECES, the experience gained also meant expanding its activities to the field of human resources management and development.